February 11, 2014

Apple Crisp with Greek Yogurt

Tuesday Eats: Apple Crisp
Nate and I went grocery shopping separately (without consulting one another) last week and ended up with a fridge full of apples. Not a bad problem to have because 1) apples are amazing and 2) it gave me an excuse to make warm apple crisp. Apple crisp is one of the desserts that I can't ever remember learning to make. I feel like I've just know how to make it forever because it's so easy and foolproof. I like to experiment with the ingredients I use and this is how I made it over the weekend.

What you'll need:
-5 medium sized apples
-1/4 cup almond flour
-1/2 cup steel-cut oats
-1/3 cup softened butter
-1/2 tablespoon sugar
-A few good sized pinches of shredded coconut (because I'm obsessed with coconut everything)
-About 1 teaspoon cinnamon
-About 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
-Greek yogurt (to serve with finished apple crisp) Tuesday Eats: Apple CrispTuesday Eats: Apple CrispTuesday Eats: Apple CrispTuesday Eats: Apple CrispTuesday Eats: Apple CrispTuesday Eats: Apple Crisp
1. Heat oven to 375* and grease your pan. I used a casserole dish.
2. Peel and slice the apples then put in bottom of dish.
3. In a bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients. Evenly distribute the oat topping over the apples.
4. Bake for 35-45 minutes. The oat topping should be slightly crispy and golden, and the apples should be tender when poked with a fork.
5. Serve with a scoop of Greek yogurt on top. I used vanilla yogurt, but you could obviously top with anything: plain yogurt, cream, ice cream, whipped cream- you get the picture. Tuesday Eats: Apple Crisp
Tuesday Eats: Apple Crisp
So good! Warm apples might be the best thing in the world. xx Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment