February 4, 2014

Banana, Cacao & Coconut Oats

Tuesday Eats: Banana, Cacao and Coconut Oats
Steel-cut oats are amazing. They taste delicious and they're so good for you. This recipe is for a single serving of oats, but I usually like to make extra and refrigerate them for the rest of the week. They're easy to reheat, and it's nice to have them done ahead of time! This particular recipe is almost sinful. Kind of like having dessert for breakfast, but it's still super healthy.

What you'll need:
-About 1 cup of water
-1/4 cup dry steel-cut oats
-Pinch of salt
-1 tablespoon cacao powder
-1 banana
-About 2 tablespoons coconut milk
-Coconut flakes
-Chia seeds
Tuesday Eats: Banana, Cacao and Coconut Oats Tuesday Eats: Banana, Cacao and Coconut Oats
1. Bring water to a boil. The more water you add, the creamier the oats will be. I usually put a teeny bit more than 1 cup when cooking mine.
2. Add the oats and salt to boiling water. Stir.
3. Reduce the heat to low. Let the oats simmer for 10-20 minutes. I check them frequently until they reach the consistency I like.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients. I don't measure the coconut flakes or chia seeds- it completely depends on personal preference! Same with the coconut milk. I slowly add it in because I like it to be a thicker consistency and not too thin.
Tuesday Eats: Tuesday Eats:
Enjoy! xx Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment