April 23, 2014

Design Inspiration: Bedroom

Design Inspiration: Bedroom
Since we basically live in a one-room apartment, one of the most important things for me is to have a clearly defined "bedroom" area that is peaceful and calm. I believe that a bedroom should be a sanctuary; a place where you decompress. That can be challenging to achieve when your bedroom is also your office and living room.
Design Inspiration: BedroomDesign Inspiration: Bedroom
I like light and airy bedding, and lots of comfy pillows. Basement living can be quite chilly so I definitely enjoy stocking up on warm (and cute!) blankets. I also like the idea of having a fun rug under the bed. We have one now, but it was an impulse buy that I've never really been in love with.
Design Inspiration: BedroomDesign Inspiration: Bedroom
I love unique headboards. There used to be a fireplace behind where our bed sits, so there is already a nicely defined space for a headboard. We currently have art, candles, and polka dots behind our bed but I'm looking forward to changing that up and doing something more creative.
Design Inspiration: BedroomDesign Inspiration: Bedroom
I'm really excited to make this part of our room a relaxing place where we can unwind and feel totally refreshed. These photos are so inspiring- I can't wait to get started on this part! xx Courtney

Photo credits 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7

No comments:

Post a Comment