April 25, 2014

Design Inspiration: Combining His & Hers

Design Inspiration: His and Hers
Design Inspiration: His and Hers
I love interior design. I could spend all of my days pouring over design books, websites, and magazines. My style is a little all over the place, but I tend to always have a few rules that I live by. Everything must be bright. Bright walls, bright art, bright lights, bright natural light. I tend to like modern furniture mixed with a little bit of vintage. I like fun, quirky art (and lots of it!) I think that books should be the main focus of every room. I don't like displaying the TV or movies. 

Life (when it came to design) was happy-go-lucky when I was arranging and decorating for one. Then came Nate. During the past 3+ years of living together, I've been constantly challenged. Taxidermy, skulls, bones, art that I very strongly dislike. He likes dark wood and leather furniture. Zombies and movie posters. My five year plan includes becoming a children's librarian. His includes using his mortuary science degree in one way or another. We are on opposite sides of the spectrum.
Design Inspiration: His and Hers
Design Inspiration: His and HersDesign Inspiration: His and Hers
Design Inspiration: His and Hers
Design Inspiration: His and Hers
But I love him more than words can say! And I love a challenge. So I'm constantly trying to find ways to combine what we both love. It's hard (even more so in such a small space) but I've also found it to be incredibly fun. These photos are little snippets of inspiration that I've found while planning to re-vamp our space. I have all of my own ideas and inspiration, but I also have to consider my horror/oddities/dark movie-loving other half. xx Courtney

Photo credits: 1/2/3/4/5 6/7

No comments:

Post a Comment