April 4, 2014

Movie Date: The Grand Budapest Hotel

Movie Date: The Grand Budapest Hotel
Oh, Wes Anderson. I wish I could explain exactly how happy his movies make me, but I can never quite find the words. The Royal Tenenbaums is by far my favorite movie. It is pure perfection! I makes me feel something that most movies don't make me feel. All of his movies do, but that one is on another level. Since there are always a few years between his film releases, I spend that time patiently awaiting to see what he has in store for us next. I was SO EXCITED to see The Grand Budapest Hotel that Nate and I took a special movie date trip to Concord to Red River Theatres on opening night. We browsed a record shop, ate burritos, drank coffee and ate amazing chocolate!
Movie Date: The Grand Budapest HotelMovie Date: The Grand Budapest HotelMovie Date: The Grand Budapest HotelMovie Date: The Grand Budapest HotelMovie Date: The Grand Budapest HotelMovie Date: The Grand Budapest Hotel
The movie did not disappoint. It was everything that I expected- extravagant, beautiful, funny, heartbreaking, and filled with a delightful cast of characters. It contained an overwhelming sense of nostalgia and I felt very sentimental after. Sometimes in the Fall if the weather is just right and I hear certain songs, I feel my heart skip a little and I have a sense of longing for my college apartment, my roommate and the old beaten up couch on our porch. That is how this movie made me feel. I would highly recommend it! So what are you waiting for? Go see it! xx Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment