May 18, 2014

Sunday Sweets: Chocolate Chai Ice Cream Sandwich

Description of Photo This week at the grocery store I encountered this cardamom ginger gelato. I almost died trying not to eat it before I baked cookies and made sandwiches. It's amazing, it's BEYOND amazing and tastes like a creamy, cool chai latte. I consider myself to be pretty well versed in ice cream (I have a serious addiction...it's a problem, I know..) and this is seriously the best gelato I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. I decided to pair it with a double chocolate cookie to go for a chocolate chai vibe. If I could eat these for breakfast, lunch and dinner I would be a happy lady. UN-BE-LIEVEABLE.

 What you'll need:
-1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. sugar
-1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
-1 egg
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 1/2 c. flour
-1/4 c. cocoa powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp ginger infused salt (you could certainly use regular salt, I was just given this amazing gift and thought it would meld well with the gelato)
-12 oz chocolate chips
-Cardamom ginger gelato

1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Cream butter & sugars together and beat on high for 5 minutes.
3. Add in the egg & vanilla.
4. Sift dry ingredients together and add in slowly.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Scoop or roll into 1 1/2 in balls and place on baking sheet covered in foil or parchment paper.
7. Bake for 12 minutes.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
9. While still slightly warm, scoop gelato onto cookie, top with another and press gently.
Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo
Enjoy!
xxSamantha

No comments:

Post a Comment