September 23, 2014

Quick & Easy Pizza

Quick and Easy PizzaQuick and Easy PizzaThis post really should be called "An Ode to Trader Joes." Does anyone else ever get REALLY hungry while grocery shopping? To the point where all you can think about is making a quick meal when you get home? This was my solution to that problem while Nate and I were at Trader Joes over the weekend. It had been a busy day and while we were shopping we just decided to quickly grab some ingredients for pizza. I LOVE making my own homemade pizza dough, but when it comes to something super quick and pre-made, Trader Joes has a pretty amazing Ciabatta Flatbread. And they of course have all of the other fixings needed to make a delicious pie. The best part was that once we got home, it only took about 15 minutes and voilĂ ! Dinner!
Quick and Easy Pizza Quick and Easy PizzaQuick and Easy PizzaQuick and Easy PizzaIt would be pretty silly to list actual steps in this recipe because it's PIZZA and we all know the general formula. I am not a huge fan of tomato sauce (I KNOW I'm a freak!) so I prefer pesto based pizzas. My steps here were to first drizzle olive oil on the flatbread, and then spread the pesto on top. After that I spread out some mixed greens, halved artichoke hearts, and sliced mozzarella on top. The I baked it in the oven following the directions! (425 degrees for 12 minutes, I think?)Quick and Easy PizzaQuick and Easy PizzaQuick and Easy PizzaQuick and Easy PizzaQuick and Easy PizzaWe try to make as many homemade and healthy meals as possible, but it sure is nice to have simple options like this on busy weekend afternoons. Thank you, Trader Joes! xx Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment