September 21, 2014

Sunday Sweets: Pumpkin Bread Pudding

Description of Photo When I saw that I had forgotten to use the two loaves of french bread I bought this week I decided to repurpose them.  I kept seeing pumpkin bread pudding popping up on pinterest & decided to try to create one with what I had on hand so in true fall fashion I whipped up a super comforting dessert for a cool autumn evening. Keep in mind this makes a BIG batch. I used one 9 x 13 baking dish and one 6 in. So invite your friends over, open a bottle of wine (or cider) & dig in!
Description of Photo Description of Photo What you'll need:
- 2 loaves of french bread, stale or lightly toasted, cubed.
- 24 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 stick of butter melted.
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4 tsp cinnamon

1. Leave out cubed bread overnight to stale, or lightly toast in oven as it's preheating.
2. Preheat oven to 350*.
3. Toss bread cubes with the melted butter and allow to sit a few minutes to absorb.
4. Whisk together cream, milk, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, & spices.
5. Pour bread into greased baking dish ( I had to use two ) & top with pumpkin mixture.
6. Make sure all the bread is covered and well soaked.
7. Bake for 45min.
Description of Photo For an extra treat, serve with fresh whipped cream!
Enjoy!
xxSamantha

No comments:

Post a Comment