February 12, 2015

Bookworm Wishlist

Weekly Wishlist 1. We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson 2. Bones and All by Camille DeAngelis 3. The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler 4. The Fair Fight by Anna Freeman

I was in a reading rut throughout most of 2014, but I feel like I'm finally getting back into the groove! I've been reading quirkier/slightly darker novels lately and I'm really itching to add the four books listed above to my roster.

We Have Always Lived in the Castle was written in 1962 and I'm KIND OF shocked that I haven't ever read it. It's about a dark and quirky family (which most of my favorite stories seem to be about) and the main characters' names are Merricat and Constance (I LOVE unique names!) Bones and All also has a dark theme- the protagonist Maren eats the people she becomes closest to in her life, and after being abandoned by her mother, she sets out on a quest to find her father. It sounds super creepy and AWESOME. The Book of Speculation is about a book, a librarian, a circus, and a possible family curse. NEED I SAY MORE? I actually just bought this one and I can't wait to start it. Last on my list is The Fair Fight which is the story of two women from totally different worlds- wealthy Charlotte who lives in a manor and is scarred by small pox, and Ruth who was born in a brothel and becomes a bare-knuckled fighter. I love any story set in late eighteenth-century England, and this one seems like it will be exciting. Any other recommendations? xx Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment