January 11, 2014

Ginger Tea

Ginger

This time of year nothing warms my soul (and freezing body) like fresh ginger tea. I seriously LIVE on this stuff. As does my son, Zandros, he calls it "spicy tea". It is amazing for your immune system, reduces inflammation, helps with any digestive issues....seriously, look how amazing ginger is.
I like mine with a nice spoonful of REAL honey, and the juice of 1/2 a lemon.

Peeling Ginger

Sliced Ginger

Ginger Tea

What you'll need:
-Piece of ginger root
-Spoon
-Honey
-Lemon
-Hot Water

1. Break a piece of ginger root off and peel with back of spoon (easiest way to do it).
2. Slice into thin slices. You can also grate it for a stronger tea but I ALWAYS seem to catch my knuckles on the grater OUCH so I stick to slicing it.
3. Put your sliced ginger in your tea cup and pour boiling water over it.
4. Add your lemon & honey.
5. Let steep for 10 min.
ENJOY the benefits and warmth of ginger!
As Z says, "DELICIOUS & NUTRITIOUS!"
xxSamantha

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! Will definitely have to try this!

    xo,
    Heather

    http://reverieno17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete