April 11, 2014

Coconut SunButter Balls

Coconut SunButter Date Balls
I've seen a ton of "bliss balls" and "energy balls" floating around the internet lately (primarily on Instagram) and decided that I wanted to try making my own version. It was quick, easy, and so delicious! I've been eating one or two for breakfast if I'm in a rush and know I'll be gone for most of the day, and they're also perfect for a pre-workout snack. I've experimented with a few different versions, but this one is my favorite so far.
Coconut SunButter Date BallsCoconut SunButter Date Balls
What you'll need:
-6 medjool dates, pitted
-1/2 cup creamy SunButter
-1 tablespoon chunky peanut butter
-1/4 cup almond meal
-A few pinches of cacao nibs
-A few pinches of shredded coconut (and more for topping later)
-2 tablespoons of chia seeds
Coconut SunButter Date BallsCoconut SunButter Date Balls
1. Put dates, SunButter, peanut butter, and almond meal in food processor and pulse together.
2. Move that mixture to a bowl. Add in cacao nibs, chia seeds, and coconut. Mix together.
3. Roll into balls then roll the balls in shredded coconut to coat. Keep in fridge.
Coconut SunButter Date Balls
See? Super easy! I just bought chocolate oats last weekend and I think I'm going to try making a variation of this recipe with those (think healthy no-bake cookies). The options are endless!

xx Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment