August 29, 2014

An Engagement Tale: Samantha & Alex

Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo I knew Alex was going to propose. He is a terrible liar and can't hide things to save his life. I knew he bought the ring, I knew we were going to go to dinner and watch the moon rise, and I knew he was going to ask me to marry him. The night came and off we went to enjoy a quiet dinner without the kids. He was a little off and I kept thinking I REALLY HOPE HE DOESN'T PROPOSE AT DINNER! (Turns out he had food poisoning!) Thankfully we ate, drank and left to go watch the moon rise over the ocean. When we were first dating we watched MANY a moon rise over the water and I figured he would definitely pick that as his moment. We sat on the rocks and I was waiting and waiting and then a bride and groom kicked us off our comfy rock. I kid you not. They asked us to leave so they could take wedding photos. HOW FITTING, I thought. So we obviously made them uncomfortable and took selfies with them in the background, laughed and got in the car. Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Wondering if we were going to head to a different spot so he could give me my ring, he said "want to head back to the house?" WHAT! No ring for me. I thought he might have decided to postpone because I had POISON IVY all over my left arm and hand. I KNOW, RIGHT. What are the odds that the night he planned to propose I would be covered in poison ivy on my LEFT HAND. LAME. So we headed back to the house and it was bizarre because the entire house was dark. No lights. Nothing. My mom, Courtney & Nate were there watching the kids, and it wasn't that late and I knew there was NO way all 3 littles were asleep already. When we made our way up onto the porch there were flowers, candles, champagne and music. (a sweet little gal named Courtney had been hard at work all evening setting up the most beautiful table, SHE IS SNEAKY!) At that point I obviously knew what was going on and started blurting out "SHUT UP" & "STOP IT!" I have a terrible habit of saying those things when I'm excited. Bad timing as I had to tell Alex I wasn't saying to STOP proposing, I was just excited! HAHA! Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo We have been together for 7 1/2 years & our relationship has grown into the most wonderful partnership. We have challenges, as any pair of people do, but I am mighty glad to have him by my side. He is my family, my rock. We drank, & celebrated into the night and luckily Courtney was sneaky enough to snap some photos! Z had been watching in the woods with Nate and was very excited that we are going to have a "party with cake"! Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Let the wedding planning begin!
xxSamantha

No comments:

Post a Comment