September 15, 2014

Fermentation Diaries: Volume One

Fermentation Diaries: Volume OneI have a slight obsession with fermented foods that began in college. My roommate Biz worked on a farm one summer where they fermented veggies often. In the fall, she kept it going by fermenting in our apartment. I loved everything about it- watching the process, the smell (which most people hate) and the amazing tastes! Nate and I try to incorporate as much into our diets as possible, and I've really been trying to add even more lately. I think that it's important for our bodies all year long, but I especially crave fermented things in the fall. Fermentation is so good for gut health, and a healthier gut means a much healthier life overall!
Fermentation Diaries: Volume OneWild Fermentation by Sandor Katz was the first book about fermentation that I purchased. It changed the way I thought about food completely. Sandor Katz is an incredible human being, and he explains things in such a beautiful and thoughtful way. His relationship with vegetables and the earth is moving in a way that I had never seen before. I have other resources that I use, but this book is always my first choice. I'm excited to share more about my experiences fermenting here on Brightly & Free. Let me know if you have any questions along the way! xx Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment